Many kids look forward to Halloween as soon as October arrives, but amid all the spooky decorations, creative costumes, and pounds and candy, we have to remind out kids to stay safe, so here are a few Halloween safety tips.
- Always cross the street at corners or crosswalks.
- Add strips of reflective tape to costumes so it is easier for drivers to see them.
- Wear regular shoes. Wearing unusual or uncomfortable shoes could cause tripping. If shoes are an important part of the costume, try to use shoe covers.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street.
- Don’t let children under 12 go trick-or-treating without an adult. Even if you did it as a child, we all know the world is a different place today.
- Opt for face paint or makeup instead of masks. Masks can make it harder for a child to see what is around them.
- Use glow sticks or flashlights to help make yourself more visible to drivers.
- Avoid costumes with long hanging fabric, which could cause tripping.
- If you are driving, use extreme caution when driving through neighborhoods.
Here at Gossett Kia South, we hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween. Come visit us and show off your costumes.