When you’re driving your family around town, it’s likely that you want the peace of mind that comes along with having a safe vehicle. Recently, the 2020 Kia Telluride safety has been recognized by the prestigious Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), making it a solid option for a safe, family-friendly vehicle.
The 2020 Telluride recently earned the IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK rating after being put through stringent crash tests. To earn this title, the Telluride had to earn the IIHS’s highest possible “Good” rating on the driver-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraint tests.
It also had to earn an “Acceptable” or “Good” rating in the passenger-side small overlap front test, and an “Advanced” or “Superior” rating for its front crash prevention, along with an “Acceptable” or “Good” rating for its headlights.
The Telluride received “Good” ratings for all of its crash tests and an “Acceptable” rating for its headlights.
This accolade makes the Telluride the 12th Kia model to earn either a TOP SAFETY PICK or TOP SAFETY PICK+ title. The 12 vehicles and their accolades are as follows:
• 2019 Kia Rio sedan – TOP SAFETY PICK
• 2019 Kia Rio hatchback – TOP SAFETY PICK
• 2019 Kia Forte sedan – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2019 Kia Niro Hybrid – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2019 Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2020 Kia Soul – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2019 Kia Soul – TOP SAFETY PICK
• 2019 Kia Optima – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2019 Kia Cadenza – TOP SAFETY PICK
• 2019 Kia Stinger – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2019 Kia Sorento – TOP SAFETY PICK+
• 2020 Kia Telluride – TOP SAFETY PICK
Want to learn more about the 2020 Kia Telluride safety features that make it such a strong choice for families? Stop into our showroom at Gossett Kia South and we’ll show you everything you need to see!